Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
5 ml, 10 ml or 15 ml
- Name: Cananga Odorata
- Country of origin: Madagascar
- Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
- Plant part: Flowers
- Scent: Ylang-ylang has a sweet, exotic, floral scent that is one of the most sought after aromas.
- Strength of Aroma: Medium
- Low Ingredients: Cananga Odorata.
- Main Constituents: Linalool: 18.5%, Geranyl acetate: 14.1%
Blends well with: Bergamot, Grapefruit, Lavender, Neroli, Rosewood and Sandalwood.
History: In Indonesia, Ylang-ylang flower petals are strewn upon the bed of newlywed couples. It was a popular ingredient of hair preparations in Europe and was known as Macassar oil. The word anti-macassar originated from this, since an anti-maccasar was used to keep hair oil from staining upholstered furniture.